Here is an invitation to consider for yourself and share with champions of diversity and inclusion you know.
Did you know that those of us who are deeply concerned about social isolation, discrimination and climate change are part of a world-wide movement? Did you know our movement is probably 3 billion people strong and growing? Author Paul Hawken introduced us to each other a few years ago in his book The Blessed Unrest . Day in and day out, millions and millions and millions of ordinary people such as you and me are doing what we can to contribute to a safe, respectful, fair, peaceful present and future for the children, youth and adults we love and for all living beings. He explained our vital role in his new project, Drawdown. In addition to sharing the 100 most viable solutions to climate change, he says, “The real game changers are people and communities…If we are going to solve this civilization crisis, we need to hold hands and collaborate.”
This is where our invitation to participate in our online quest to Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential comes in. What if, in addition to everything else you are doing in your busy life, you could find the time to sign up for our guided online quest through the field of Inclusive Leadership? What would you discover? Continue reading
Are you concerned about oppression and marginalization? Do you value diversity and inclusion? Have you experienced any part of the past twenty celebratory years of in-person and on-line Inclusive Leadership education?
We are gathering new and experienced Inclusive Leaders into diverse networks and webs of empowering mutual mentoring alliances from around the world.
We are coming together online and in person to learn, mentor, practice, support and encourage each other to cultivate our skills and understandings for facilitating social and environmental justice education.
We are sharing our skills for embracing the diversity in all living beings as gifts that enrich our earth community and human family. Facilitating Inclusive Leadership education transforms ourselves, our communities, and the world.
Feeling curious? Intrigued? Inspired?
Email email@example.com and read on to find out how you can participate in the ILC’s Strengthening Bridges Project. There are so many fulfilling ways to become involved. Continue reading
Inclusive Leadership is for everyone who is concerned about oppression and marginalization; everyone who values diversity and inclusion; everyone who has experienced or wants to experience Inclusive Leadership in action. You are warmly invited to join us in what is now twenty celebratory years of peer-to-peer in-person and on-line Inclusive Leadership education!
Upcoming In Person Inclusive Leadership Events:
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019, Art in Community Workshop (a youth focused Inclusive Leadership event), 4-6 pm, Duncan, BC, Canada.
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, National Day of the Child Fun, Free, Family Celebration, 11 am to 3 pm, Duncan, BC, Canada
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, Inclusive Leadership Co-operative Annual General meeting, 4 pm to 7 pm, Duncan, BC, Canada
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019, Build a Better BC for People with Diverse Abilities, 5 pm to 7:30 pm, Ladysmith, BC, Canada
- For 1, 2, or 3 days February 21 to 24, 2020, Save the date for our Gathering of Inclusive Leadership Facilitators, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Details to be announced.
- Friday, May 1 to Sunday May 3, 2020, Inclusive Leadership Adventure 2020 (a life-changing intergenerational/intercultural weekend), Denman Island, BC, Canada.
Upcoming Online Inclusive Leadership Events:
- Continuous Enrollment, Are you ready to sign up for our guided online quest to “Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential”? Are you ready to return as a mentor? No time like the present to join us!
- Saturday, November 23, Inclusive Leadership Co-operative Annual General meeting, Participate online via zoom, 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm Pacific Time.
- Wednesday, November 27, Facilitating Inclusive Leadership Workshop, Participate online via zoom, 10:00 am to 11:30 am Pacific Time
- Saturday, Dec 7, 2019, (and the first Saturday of every month) Inclusive Leadership Heart to Heart Cafe, 10:00 am to 11:30 am Pacific Time
- Spring 2020, More Inclusive Leadership Online Education opportunities to be announced.
by Linda Hill and Kathryn Phillips
The Inclusive Leadership Co-operative is so pleased to be building bridges of collaboration with Human Rights and Education Volunteers at the University of Victoria, BC, Canada.
As part of our collaboration, students are invited to participate in our ongoing Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential Online Course and Inclusive Leaders who live in and near Victoria, BC, Canada are invited to participate in 5 Days of Human Rights Action at UVic November 4 to 8, 2019. Five Days of Human Rights Action encourages everyone on campus and the wider community to take concrete steps toward ending discrimination, harassment, and sexualized violence. Continue reading
Submitted by Victor Ivoke
(Nigeria is home to over 250 ethnic groups, with over 500 languages, and great diversity of geography, customs, religion, and life circumstances. Students, parents, politicians, farmers, business owners, artists, youth workers, teachers and other emerging and experienced leaders throughout Nigeria are engaged in the triple challenges of building bridges to equality, building peace and addressing climate change. The Inclusive Leadership Co-operative is contributing to Inclusive Leadership development in Nigeria through Inclusive Leadership Online Education.)
My name is Victor Ivoke. I am a Nigerian and I live and work in Abuja. I have just rounded off my Masters Degree in Society and Development Studies. I work for a faith based organization that is pan- African and I hope to sharpen my leadership abilities for global impact.
Through this online quest to “Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential” I am being exposed to life time lessons that will help me renew my mind, influence others and transform my community starting with my immediate circle of influence. Continue reading
Submitted by Victor Okechukwu Chimezie
I am Victor Okechukwu Chimezie a 22 year old Nigerian, a passionate and pragmatic Peacebuilder. I’m so delighted to be here in the Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential online course. I’m so grateful for the scholarship as this course will help me be more relaxed in diversity in my quest to make the world safer and better for us youth.
Part 1 of the Inclusive Leadership course introduces the Earth Charter as our global compass.
For my Earth Charter Action Plan I’ll be focusing on Peace which is Democracy, Non- Violence and Peace.