submitted by Beat Odermatt, Founder, owner and operator of U-Can International School, Uganda
What if we use the principles that Inclusive Leadership is built on and push forward boldly?
The development of Inclusive Leadership Education is awesome. I want to see this beautiful online program expand and become a major vehicle for teaching Inclusive Leadership around the world. Continue reading
Are you concerned about oppression and marginalization? Do you value diversity and inclusion? Have you experienced any part of the past twenty celebratory years of in-person and on-line Inclusive Leadership education?
We are gathering new and experienced Inclusive Leaders into diverse networks and webs of empowering mutual mentoring alliances from around the world.
We are coming together online and in person to learn, mentor, practice, support and encourage each other to cultivate our skills and understandings for facilitating social and environmental justice education.
We are sharing our skills for embracing the diversity in all living beings as gifts that enrich our earth community and human family. Facilitating Inclusive Leadership education transforms ourselves, our communities, and the world.
Feeling curious? Intrigued? Inspired?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and read on to find out how you can participate in the ILC’s Strengthening Bridges Project. There are so many fulfilling ways to become involved. Continue reading
submitted by Linda Hill
What a joy it was to share leadership with twenty Inclusive Leaders from diverse generations, cultures, abilities and other backgrounds who came together to co-facilitate welcoming and inclusive activities during our National Day of the Child family celebration in Duncan, BC, Canada, Saturday, November 23, 2019.
We showed up along with over 100 more volunteers to support this fun, free, family celebration organized by Children’s Rights Advocate, Mary Dolan and the Family and Children Council of the Cowichan Region and Communities. What a beautiful day of lifting up our children and youth.
Inclusive Leadership is for everyone who is concerned about oppression and marginalization; everyone who values diversity and inclusion; everyone who has experienced or wants to experience Inclusive Leadership in action. You are warmly invited to join us in what is now twenty celebratory years of peer-to-peer in-person and on-line Inclusive Leadership education!
Upcoming In Person Inclusive Leadership Events:
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019, Art in Community Workshop (a youth focused Inclusive Leadership event), 4-6 pm, Duncan, BC, Canada.
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, National Day of the Child Fun, Free, Family Celebration, 11 am to 3 pm, Duncan, BC, Canada
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, Inclusive Leadership Co-operative Annual General meeting, 4 pm to 7 pm, Duncan, BC, Canada
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019, Build a Better BC for People with Diverse Abilities, 5 pm to 7:30 pm, Ladysmith, BC, Canada
- For 1, 2, or 3 days February 21 to 24, 2020, Save the date for our Gathering of Inclusive Leadership Facilitators, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Details to be announced.
- Friday, May 1 to Sunday May 3, 2020, Inclusive Leadership Adventure 2020 (a life-changing intergenerational/intercultural weekend), Denman Island, BC, Canada.
Upcoming Online Inclusive Leadership Events:
- Continuous Enrollment, Are you ready to sign up for our guided online quest to “Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential”? Are you ready to return as a mentor? No time like the present to join us!
- Saturday, November 23, Inclusive Leadership Co-operative Annual General meeting, Participate online via zoom, 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm Pacific Time.
- Wednesday, November 27, Facilitating Inclusive Leadership Workshop, Participate online via zoom, 10:00 am to 11:30 am Pacific Time
- Saturday, Dec 7, 2019, (and the first Saturday of every month) Inclusive Leadership Heart to Heart Cafe, 10:00 am to 11:30 am Pacific Time
- Spring 2020, More Inclusive Leadership Online Education opportunities to be announced.
by Linda Hill and Kathryn Phillips
The Inclusive Leadership Co-operative is so pleased to be building bridges of collaboration with Human Rights and Education Volunteers at the University of Victoria, BC, Canada.
As part of our collaboration, students are invited to participate in our ongoing Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential Online Course and Inclusive Leaders who live in and near Victoria, BC, Canada are invited to participate in 5 Days of Human Rights Action at UVic November 4 to 8, 2019. Five Days of Human Rights Action encourages everyone on campus and the wider community to take concrete steps toward ending discrimination, harassment, and sexualized violence. Continue reading
Submitted by Linda Hill with thanks to Robert George, Isabel Rimmer and all community leaders who never stop showing up with your spirits of generosity.
Severn Cullis-Suzuki and Greta Thunberg were two leaders in a crowd of over ten-thousand leaders who showed up at the October 25, 2019 Fridays for Future rally in Vancouver, BC, Canada. During her speech, Greta acknowledged Severn for showing up at the age of 12 to address world leaders in Rio de Janeiro, 1992. Greta quoted what Severn had said. Continue reading
Take a moment to imagine cycling, walking, driving, or taking a bus through your neighbourhood one morning. Perhaps you are on your way to school, work, or a meeting. Maybe you are going shopping, doing errands, or on your way to to meet a friend at a park or recreation centre. Now imagine that, along the way and even after you arrive at your destination, everything is the same as it has always been except for one thing. That one change is this… Continue reading
Submitted by Chapman Msowoya
My name is Chapman Msowoya. I live in Mpika, Zambia, Africa with a dream to build a society that works for all people regardless of their ability.
I am so grateful to be sponsored by the Inclusive Leadership Cooperative to participate in two online courses. Both are rare opportunities for working towards my vision of creating a communities filled with peace, love and harmony for all people through our unique differences. Continue reading
Inclusive Leader Stanley Daniels with Canadian Federal Minister of Defence Harjit Sajjan.
In June 2019, the Government of Canada unveiled Building a Foundation for Change: Canada’s Anti-Racism Strategy 2019–2022.
The Inclusive Leadership Co-operative is one of 47 BC organizations to receive funding from the Canadian Heritage Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program.
We are very grateful for this funding from the Department of Canadian Heritage. As we begin to envision routes and pathways for preparing new generations of Inclusive Leaders to become Inclusive Leadership Facilitators, the field of Inclusive Leadership is already beginning to feel more and more like a virtual Camino Trail.
September 30, 2019
Collaboratively written by Terri Beaton, Kix Citton, Nola Landucci, Tara Jordan, April Vance and Linda Hill
The Inclusive Leadership Co-operative is thrilled to announce how lucky we are to welcome Lindsay Beal as our new Co-ordinator. Lindsay’s daily life is filled with engaging people from diverse life circumstances and diverse abilities in creative communication, Inclusive Leadership development and community-building. Lindsay has been offering her many amazing gifts to the Inclusive Leadership Co-operative for four years now as a participant, board member, and dedicated volunteer. Continue reading