We are gathering new and experienced facilitators of Inclusive Leadership from around the world into an empowering mutual mentoring alliance of co-learners and co-facilitators of Inclusive Leadership skills.
- sharing, mentoring or teaching Inclusive Leadership in school and community settings or
- facilitating social justice or environmental justice education
Time Commitment: The time commitment is 3 hours per week for seven weeks from this week to the end of April – with the possibility of a second Facilitation Practice Group in May and June.
- Our Inclusive Leadership Facilitation Practice Group Video Meetings: 2 hours per week. The main commitment is to participate in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or all 6 weekly Practice Group Video meetings on Tuesdays from March 24 to April 28 (6 weeks). The timing is 9:00 am to 11:00 am Pacific Daylight Savings Time (4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Coordinated Universal Time). Click here to convert this time to your time zone,
- Our “Making It Easy” Discussion Forum: 1 hour per week (self paced). The word “Facilitate” means “Making It Easy”. Our “Making It Easy” Online Discussion Forum will be available 24/7 from Wednesday, March 18, 2020 on. You will find a wealth of resources and ways for members of our Facilitation Practice Group to support and encourage each other.
How to Enroll: Are you ready to join Inclusive Leaders from around the world in our peer-to-peer approach to developing and practicing your Inclusive Leadership Facilitation skills? Signing up is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Step 1: Make an informed decision. Do you have the technology, time and motivation to participate in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or all 6 of the weekly Practice Group Video meetings from March 24 to April 28? (Or if a practice group during May and June better timing for you, you could still sign up now and be part of the Discussion Forum).
Step 2: There are no financial barriers. Inclusive Leadership Education runs on the spirit-of-generosity with people paying what we can each comfortably afford. Read through the pricing choices below and decide what is comfortable and generous for you to contribute.
- Is the fee of $70 CAD (aprox $50 USD) is affordable for you?
- Can you afford to “pay it forward” by contributing $140 CAD (aprox $100 USD) to pay for yourself and another person who faces financial barriers?
- Do you require a half sponsorship? (You pay $35 CAD – aprox $25 USD)?
- Do you require an 85% sponsorship? (You pay $10 CAD – aprox $7 USD)?
- Do you require a full sponsorship? (If you are willing to invest your time, we are willing to invest in you!).
Step 3: Email Lindsay Beal, Inclusive Leadership Co-operative Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know that you want to enroll and what amount is comfortable for you to contribute. (Please note that there are NO FINANCIAL BARRIERS because partial and full sponsorships are available to anyone who needs one – just ask).
What: Our Inclusive Leadership Facilitation Practice group is a unique opportunity for sharing our skills for embracing the diversity in all living beings as gifts that enrich our earth community and human family. The Inclusive Leadership facilitation skills we will be focusing on developing and practicing are skills for guiding ourselves and others to:
- Build Bridges to equality
- Connect with differences
- Communicate with compassion
- Respond to hurtful situations with Anti-discrimination First Aid
Process and Purpose: Our Inclusive Leadership Facilitation Practice Group is designed as a safe, respectful, equal and enjoyable peer-to-peer approach to developing and practicing our facilitation skills. Our purpose is to learn, mentor, practice, support and encourage each other to cultivate our skills and understandings within an encouraging and supportive mutual learning community. Facilitating Inclusive Leadership education transforms ourselves, our communities, and the world.
Agenda for the Practice Group Video Meetings: Each 2 hour video meeting will have six sections:
- Networking to get to know each other’s gifts and work in the world.
- Gathering Activities to create a relaxed, focused community of mutual mentors
- Challenge by Choice Consultations to build our community and our relationships
- Skill-Building Facilitation to develop our skills and awareness
- Action Planning for the next Practice Group Video Meeting
- Preparing for Follow Up by identifying what we plan to take away and apply to leading and facilitating in our diverse communities.
- Facilitator: Guide the group through the agenda and activities
- Reflector/Witness: Receive and reflect back highlights of the session.
- Needs Doula: Watch over the emotional climate of the group.
- Timer: Keep track of time.
- Appreciative Inquirer: Offer strengthening, encouraging and compassionate feedback.
- Participant/Role Model: In our peer-to-peer approach, all of us are simultaneously experiencing, role modeling and mentoring as we participate in Building Bridges to equality, connecting with differences, communicating with compassion and Anti-Discrimination First Aid.
Preparation and Follow Up: Members of our peer-to-peer learning community will support each other between video meetings via the Making It Easy discussion forum. Here we will follow up from the previous video meeting and prepare for the next meeting. Our mutual mentoring will make it easier to facilitate Inclusive Leadership skill-building in our diverse communities. The Discussion Forum is organized into four main sections:
1.Getting Started: This orientation section is an introduction to the process, purpose, goals, guidelines and roles of our Inclusive Leadership Facilitation Practice Group. Another way we will be getting started is to introduce ourselves to each other. Let’s get to know our different countries, leadership backgrounds, life-circumstances, passions, concerns, challenges, experiences and many more identities.
- Week 1: Self Assessment and Intention Setting
- Week 2: Building Bridges to Equality
- Week 3: Connecting With Differences
- Week 4: Communicating With Compassion
- Week 5: Anti-Discrimination First Aid
- Week 6: Action Planning Consultations
3. Resource Library: We are just beginning to put our extensive collection of Inclusive Leadership resources that ILC members have developed over the past twenty years online. All our resources build Inclusive Leadership values and skills through experiential education. Our vision is that Inclusive Leadership Facilitators will easily access existing resources and share new resources.
4. Facilitators in Action: Each member of our Facilitation Practice Group will have a place to share and consult about our facilitation challenges and successes. This section is an on-going opportunity to strengthen and affirm each other’s work in the world.
Thank you to the Government of Canada:
Our Inclusive Leadership Facilitation Practice Group has been developed as part of the ILC’s “Strengthening Bridges” Project generously funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism.