Photo blog by Paul van Goozen, Tafadzwa Matamba and Linda Hill
September 28 to 30, 2018 was a wonderful inter-generational/intercultural gathering of 55 new and experienced Inclusive Leaders aged 4 to 74 who came to Cowichan Lake Education Centre for 1, 2, or all 3 days to explore, share and celebrate our vital roles living, learning, and leading in our diverse communities.
Our Professional Development Day “DE-stressing the Learning Environment was excellent and so relevant for students, educators, support workers, other professionals and volunteers.
Other highlights of the weekend gathering were
- Workshops on Connecting With Nature, Connecting with differences, De-Stressing diverse learning styles, Communicating with compassion, and Connecting With Our Fathers.
- Line Dancing
- The Q’Shintul community reconciliation dinner at the Somena Longhouse in Duncan
- Our participatory Annual General Meeting
- Theatre Games
- Learning about the Dene Heroes project
- Inclusive Community Celebration
- Living in the Inclusive Global Village Heart to Heart Session
- Stages of Change Action Planning
Thank you so much to ILC members and supporters for your volunteer help with planning, fund-raising, networking, facilitating, and mentoring: Joy Emmanuel, Linda Hill, Lindsay Beal, Kix Citton, Haley Guest, John Scull, Betty Doherty, Donna Sassaman, Graham Fielding, Cathy Gilbert, Nola Landucci, Terri Beaton, Melissa Parker, Amy Matamba, Jenny Ferris, Cowichan Green Community Youth Outreach Team, Mary Anne Neal, Robert Blouin, Victoria Blouin, Nakita Lander, Rod Keays, Paul Van Goozen, Tafadzwa Matamba, Tina Fabbro, and Gillian Berry.